By Nathan Stout (of AccordingToWhim.com)
So here is the wrap up of my 2020 Goals. As you all know 2020 left something to be desired. I will not only cover my goals (which mostly fell flat on their diseased-covered faces, but I’d like to take a look at what was good for my about the year.
- I’d like for my kids to remain healthy overall and have little illness. The first 3 months sucked casue the kids were sick constantly. Then when we stopped going anywhere the illness stopped. It’s been 9 months and only now is one of the kids having a cold. I’d have to say that goal was successful! A bit extreme, but successful.
- I’d like for me and my wife to remain healthy (have little illness). Again, this was successful cause we went to 85% less places.
- I’d like to get healthier. aka, get off some of the meds I am on. This goal was a fail. Sure, I am doing much better but I really squandered 2020 for getting further ahead on the health front.
- I’d like to get a new job. As I stated in the last update, since the lockdown our jobs all moved home and I am really enjoying that. This goal was a fail but in a good way.
- I’d like to have a proper savings. I’d have to claim this as a fail but I will say that I have upped my 401k and my ‘Dave Ramsey’ cash stash so it’s getting better…
- I’d like to have a constant secondary income. Between Ebay, Realty signs, and my model business there just isn’t enough to make too much difference in my life… however I am now working on an even bigger money making scheme for 2021. I will clue you all in later.
- I’d like to visit Disney parks 3 times in 2020. We did go once in July so it’s a fail but I am needing a break from Disney World and really want to get back to Disneyland but it’s been closed. Maybe in the next 12 months.
- I’d like to visit Six Flags over Texas at least 5 times in 2020. I only went 3 times this year. Around late summer it started getting really packed at the park again and I just couldn’t drag myself the hour+ drive out there for that. My Six Flags shine has worn off a bit. If it’s open here in the early part of 2021 I will go again. It was REALLY low crowds and made the experience much more fun.
- I’d like to get 3 of me and Chris’ games published (self published). Nothing on this got done.
- I’d like knock out a lot of my repairs to my house (there are a LOT). I didn’t too do much but I did get a front lawn, did some painting outside, built a big flowerbed and repaired some trim and stucco. Inside I didn’t do much but I did get an engineering report on the ceiling so that is a start. They say your house if your biggest investment and I believe this one is a gold mine if I can get it fixed up.
- I’d like to ‘finish’ Season 2 of According To Whim (our public access, now on the net show). I didn’t do anything with this except pull up the episodes in Adobe Premier and get a feel for the progress I had. I’d love to just hand all this over to Miguel and have him cut it into a movie.
- I’d like to film Season 3 of According To Whim (our public access, now on the net show). Nada.
2020 wasn’t all bad for us. I kept my job when so many lost theirs. I got to work from home which is mostly awesome. I still go in on occasion just to get out of the house so that’s a bonus too. We didn’t catch the virus in 2020 (knock on wood for 2021). We were able to go do some stuff including Six Flags, Disney, Bed and Breakfast for our 15th anniversary, and occasional shopping.
Here’s hoping this coming 12 months is even better!